Head of Sales
Upcoming FMCG Brand
With the advent of joining of the new CEO, one of the family owned FMCG companies wanted to rejig their talent pool and hire an external candidate to grow their Sales function, primarily, General Trade for their new product line.
Attracting and securing a talented Sales Head, who could run and revamp the once family-owned business with new strategies, processes and procedures presented a considerable challenge.
Since the client wanted to launch a new product line, the stakeholders felt that someone with 15+ years of experience, working in the top 20 blue chip companies, would do the job. The incumbent was expected to expand sales at the national level.
As we have been catering to the sales hiring in the market for more than 12+ years, we were referred to the client by one of his well-wishers.
- Prepared a deck about the client and showcasing the history of their growth through the years.
- Engaged with the stakeholders to understand the growth trajectory of the role at hand.
- Understood as to how this opportunity would add to the learning of the prospective candidates, who were skeptical on joining a family run business.
- Mapping the set of companies
- Arranging meetings of the candidates with the various stakeholders within the company to help them understand the culture, the team and the environment.
We managed to identify one of candidates who had the experience of working with a confectionary and a retail giant in his career. He thanked the team for being the true consulting partners and helping him understand the pros and cons in taking up this job. He has been working with us closely for hiring for his team.